“Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed”
Awana is a weekly Christian club ministry that presents the Gospel to children through a Bible-based curriculum.
On-Line Registration is now closed. Come early on club night to register.
2017/2018 Club Schedule
The Awana club night schedule follows the Meridian School District Traditional schedule. If school is cancelled for any reason on a Monday, the regularly scheduled club meeting for that night still meets, unless otherwise noted below. Uniforms must be worn in conjunction with Dress up Nights.
- 11 – Balloon Night – Games with balloons
- 18 – Caped Crusader Night – Wear your cape and be a super-hero
- 25 – Camping Night – Bring your backpack and camp out for the night
- 2 – Stuffed Animal Night – Bring your favorite Stuffed Animal
- 9 – Dinosaur Night – Bring your pet dinosaur
- 16 – Family Night – Bring your parents for the whole night
- 23 – Orange & Blue Night – Dress in Bronco Colors (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 30- Bible Heroes Night – Dress as your favorite Bible Hero
- 4 – Saturday – Awana Grand Prix – Cubbies, Sparks, T&T, Trek & Journey
Registration at 1:00pm, and racing starts at 2:00pm.
- 6 – Bring a Friend Night – The most important theme night of the year!
Bring your friends, family, and neighbors to hear about Jesus!
- 13 – Sports Night – Dress for your favorite sport
- 20 – Thank You Night – Thanks to our Leaders & Pastors
- 27 – Grandparents Night – Bring your grandparents
- 4 – Noah’s Ark Night – Dress as your favorite animal & bring a friend
- 11 – Silly Socks Night – Socks aren’t just for your feet, right? (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 18 – Happy Birthday Night – We’ll celebrate Jesus’ Birthday
- 25 – No Awana—CHRISTMAS BREAK
- 1 – No Awana—CHRISTMAS BREAK
- 8 – Aloha Night – Dress Hawaiian
- 15 – Fashion Disaster Night – Striped shirt and plaid pants?
- 22 – Shine Your Light Night – Bring your flashlight and be ready for a dark night
- 29 – Cowboy & Cowgirl Night – Dress Western & bring your horse
- 5 – Awana Missionary Night – We’ll hear from our Awana Missionary
- 10 – Saturday – Regional Bible Quiz T&T Boys & Girls – right here at Ustick Baptist Church 1:00pm
- 12 – God & Country Night – Dress patriotically (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 19 – Mustache Night – Mustache madness!
- 26 – Crazy Hair Night – Dress with wild wild hair
- 5 – Team Color Night – Red, Yellow, Blue, or Green?
- 12 – Hilarious Hat Night – Dress in your best hilarious hat
- 19 – What You Want To Be Night – What will you be when you grow up?
- 26 – No Awana–SPRING BREAK
- 2 – Dot Your Leader Night – Dot a leader for every section you check off
- 9 – Camo Night – Dress in camouflage and try to blend in (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 16 – Awards Night!!! – Bring your whole family for our end of the year wrap up and awards!
More About Awana
Each club night is broken up into three different sessions: Handbook Time, Game Time, and Council Time.
In Handbook time children are encouraged to excel individually in their Bible verse studies. They receive recognition and rewards as they reach different milestones.
Game time is a period of fun and fellowship. Children are placed on one of four teams (red, blue, green, or yellow) and participate in a variety of games on the Awana circle. These games are fun and competitive, but are of a nature that allows almost all children to participate regardless of their athletic skills.
Council time provides a Christian message that is intended to present the Gospel as well as Christian morals and values to the children. Awana leaders and special guest speakers present these messages at a level that children can understand.
Commander: Scott Dykstra
Phone: (208) 871-1133
Cubbies is a program for pre-school age children (ages 3 & 4).
Sparks is a program for children in Kindergarten to 2nd Grade.
Director: Darlene Densley
Learn more about Sparks at Awana.org
Truth & Training (T&T) is a program for children in 3rd-6th Grade.
Boy’s Director: Merlin Bertsch
Girl’s Director: Cristy Bertsch
Learn more about T&T at Awana.org