Awana is a weekly Christian club ministry that presents the Gospel to children through a Bible-based curriculum.
The Awana club night schedule follows the Meridian School District Traditional schedule. If school is cancelled for any reason on a Monday, the regularly scheduled club meeting for that night still meets, unless otherwise noted below. Uniforms must be worn in conjunction with Dress up Nights.
- 8 – Balloon Night – Games with balloons
- 15 – Caped Crusader Night – Wear your cape and be a super-hero
- 22 – Camping Night – Bring your backpack and camp out for the night
- 29 - Stuffed Animal Night – Bring your favorite Stuffed Animal
- 6 – Family Night – Bring your parents for the whole night
- 13 – Bring a Friend Night – The most important theme night of the year! Bring your friends, family, and neighbors to hear about Jesus!
- 20 – Sock Hop Night – Poodle skirts and 50’s attire (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 27 – Bible Heroes Night – Dress as your favorite Bible Hero
- 3 – Team Color Night – Dress in your team color (Red, Blue, Green or Yellow)
- 10 – Sports Night - Dress for your favorite sport
- 17 – Thank You Night - Thanks to our Leaders & Pastors
- 24 – Grandparents Night - Bring your grandparents
- 1 - Noah’s Ark Night - Dress as your favorite animal & bring a friend
- 8 - Aloha Night - Dress Hawaiian
- 15 – Happy Birthday Night - We’ll celebrate Jesus’ Birthday (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 22 – No Awana—CHRISTMAS BREAK
- 29 - No Awana—CHRISTMAS BREAK
- 5 – Double Points Night - Double points for everything
- 12 – What I Want To Be Night - What do you want to be when you grow up?
- 19 - Flashlight Night - Bring your flashlight and be ready for a dark night
- 26 – Cowboy & Cowgirl Night - Dress Western & bring your horse
- 2 - Awana Missionary Night - We’ll hear from our Awana Missionary
- 9 - Awana Global Outreach Night - We’ll hear about Awana around the World!
- 16 – God & Country Night - Dress patriotically (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 23 – Crazy Hair Night - Dress with wild wild hair
- 2 - 80’s Night - Raid your parents’ closet and dress like it’s 1985
- 9 - Lifesaver Night - Earn Lifesavers for each section passed
- 16 – Paper Airplane Night - Bonus shares for longest flight & more
- 23 – No Awana—SPRING BREAK
- 30 – Hilarious Hat Night - Dress in your best hilarious hat
- 6 – Camo Night - Dress in camouflage and try to blend in (End of Quarter Store Night)
- 13 – Awards Night!!! - Bring your whole family for our end of the year wrap up and awards!
More About Awana
Each club night is broken up into three different sessions: Handbook Time, Game Time, and Council Time.
In Handbook time children are encouraged to excel individually in their bible verse studies. They receive recognition and rewards as they reach different milestones.
Game time is a period of fun and fellowship. Children are placed on one of four teams (red, blue, green, or yellow) and participate in a variety of games on the Awana circle. These games are fun and competitive, but are of a nature that allows almost all children to participate regardless of their athletic skills.
Council time provides a Christian message that is intended to present the Gospel as well as Christian morals and values to the children. Awana leaders and special guest speakers present these messages at a level that children can understand.
Commander: Scott Dykstra
Phone: (208) 871-1133
The following is a list of the clubs that are available at Ustick Baptist Church:
Director: Julie Cummings
Cubbies is program for pre-school age children (ages 3 & 4).
Director: Darlene Densley
Sparks is program for children in Kindergarten to 2nd Grade.
Truth & Training
Boy’s Director: Merlin Bertsch
Girl’s Director: Cristy Bertsch
Truth & Training (T&T) is program for children in 3rd-6th Grade.